Severn Trent Build Over Agreement

It is our duty to maintain sewers in our area and keep them safe for you and for future generations. It is a job that is always a top priority. Without our advice and planning permission, your home could be damaged by our sewers, causing flooding and even collapsing. It can also make selling your home more difficult than you think. By keeping the loop and going through the right application channels, not only will protect the sewers, it will also keep your home safe. The transmission of private pipes has generally been beneficial to both the public and water companies. It relieved public opinion of the responsibility for sewers and entrusted them exclusively to the water companies, which were much better equipped for the maintenance of the sewerage system. While confusion persists on issues such as sewer construction, there is no doubt that homeowners are ultimately better protected than before the installation. It also means that no certificate of completion can be issued until the Severn Trent Water Authority agreement has been concluded. Please send an email with your full detail after JC all background information relevant to an offer, including proposal plans, pipeline plans, surveys, photos, planning conditions or any other relevant item for the proposed building permit. You can find more information and a Build over application here the location of many public sewers after 1937 is known by Severn Trent Water.

Warwick Borough Council has a number of maps that can be posted by anyone wishing to check if a canal is close to their property. Just come to the Riverside House reception to ask for the channel cards for your address. Unfortunately, for old sewers (installed before 1937) and for sewers introduced in 2011, it is not always known where they are going. Some of these older sewers are shown on public sewer maps, but many are not. This can be a problem if it comes to expansion, as sewers can only be found during construction. If a public canal is discovered during construction, a request must be made to Severn Trent Water if you are building above or within 3 meters. For all development or extension applications, we will review the channel cards when processing the application. If we find a channel nearby, we will let you know as soon as possible. Common problems with building chords that are not professionally designed (do-it-yourself): you may not be able to see them, but our pipes should be kept in mind if you build on them or nearby.